Saturday 1 October 2011

Sew Fresh Sewing Day - Another AP&Q Charity Block Competition

I need to add an aside here -  anyone who visits and has time please visit this post as I'm i a bit of indecision over which way to go and I'd love your feedback - many Thanks!

Well its been a little while between blogs as I've been a bit busy with another set of fun random blocks for competitions - I have to say that competions are lots of fun but they to take a lot of time (of course that's only for those of us that are perfectionist in persuasion - which wouldn't be many crafters would it ;))
The most inspirational thing I did was go to the Redlands Quilt Extravaganza click the link to go to the blog and see some of the quilts..
However I thought this would be the best thing to show and tell in the sew fresh sewing day, as it did take me a good few hours out of last month!

Ok so the theme this time was spring and florals (still in a 61/2" square block...), so I used spring colours and delicate floral fabrics - but then I went and did this to them lol...


and just a couple of space fillers to add to the collection...

7 comments:

  1. this is amazing!!! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an incredible amount of sewing for a small block! I'd love to see what a quilt of these blocks would look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of work for a little block, but it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's the one with the half eaten carrots? Hmmmmm? Only joking, you know I think they're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love what you did to them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it... I'm still trying to get in the habit of blogging regularly, so please be patient if it takes a me little time to visit you back :)but I will get there lol