Sunday 23 October 2011

A blast from the past...

Lately I have been thinking more about getting back into my art, don't get me wrong I still do it :) but more on a needs must, or gifts basis than just for the pure pleasure. A friend found a guy nearby who is a well known artist Philip Farley, and I'm hoping to soon arrange to have some classes with him :) In preparation I dug up some of my old stuff (he likes to see your style) and I thought that I would share....



 'Gail Force' was a filler piece to expand my year 11 collection (age 17) I'm not a fan of pencil detail as its soo much work! lol

The Seagulls were a study for one of my paintings  - they're not correct in their angles but I like them nevertheless

This group is a collection that I drew on a pad while spending the afternoon in the Munch museum in Oslo Norway - it was electric, truly a spiritual experience. The top pic he made a few prints, my exchange sisters parents owned one! In the middle picture can you see a man cradling her neck? I didn't till years after drawing it...

This is a quick sketch done of the George Town Lighthouse (Tasmania) where I would go for both peace and inspiration I was on the steep slope in front and only the top peeked out over the bushes - its done in ink with a stick I found.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds great. I'd love an hour to myself to further one of my interests. Sigh, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being inspired to start your Art and have lessons would be a wonderful thing to do especially for your own pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your seagulls are so cute! You have a talent for drawing so I'm glad you are thinking of getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - your drawing are lovely - especially the one of Georgetown lighthouse. How wonderful that you have an opportunity to revisit drwaing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it... I'm still trying to get in the habit of blogging regularly, so please be patient if it takes a me little time to visit you back :)but I will get there lol