Monday 19 September 2011

My canTeen bandanas have arrived!

I've been wondering for a while now where and how I would integrate charity and sewing...
A week or so ago I was sorting through our camping gear, and found George's red canTeen bandana. It made me think about using the bandanas to make quilts to donate back... Loads of fun - so of course I googled it and it seems there are several lovely people already making this happen.
So the next day I called our state office (Brisbane) and chatted with Jen, who kindly sent me a detailed email with all the available patterns - it was just like fabric shopping lol!

So now as National Bandana day is October 28th, I'm hoping that a few of you will get inspired to buy some bandanas and help out too. They use quilts a lot for sitting and snuggling in group sessions, for one on one counseling. I'm sure that bandana bags would be appreciated as well. Please keep me posted on how you go, I'd love to see pics :)


A gorgeous stack of colour and pattern
Here are all the different designs in their packets... such a variety of patterns and colours!

3 comments:

  1. hi where can i buy one of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i specifically want the black one with neon leafs on it, thanks

      Delete
    2. correction, the blue and red leafs
      thanks

      Delete

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it... I'm still trying to get in the habit of blogging regularly, so please be patient if it takes a me little time to visit you back :)but I will get there lol