Wednesday 2 November 2011

Small blog meet - Fresh Sewing Day

Small Blog Meet

Well hello to any new bloggers who may wander in! I am joining Lynne's small blog meet again as I am currently sitting on 9, I also hope to travel around and meet more people and see lots of wonderful things being made - as always :) A big thank you to Lynne for helping us all out!


Fresh Sewing Day


I am combining the blogs as I only have one finished item to post - my silk scarf in tones of orange... Go here to see the whole thing and use the pattern :) The only thing left to do is to press or set it (I haven't tried that before so I'll let you know)

 
Overall I am really happy with how it turned out, and it filled in those evenings by myself when G was oncall :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Katie. I've popped over from Lynne's. Loving the colours in your scarf - so bright and gorgeous. Good luck setting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is lovely. I am looking forward to knitting some things this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now your up to 11 yay!! I know I am so excited that she did this. I love that block at the top of your page. That's paper pieced right? I have done 1 block that was paper pieced & I loved it so much fun. I hope you can stop by my blog when you get a chance & have a great day! January T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie. I'm just stopping by from Lily's Quilts. Your scarf is gorgeous. Being silk, I bet it's lovely and soft.... and now there are 12... Good to find another Aussie blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scarf. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katie, wow thanks for coming over just becoming my 50th follower!!! I will be your lucky 13th now (at that number I entered the Small Blog Meet 3 month ago!) To my embarrassment I have to admit I had you blog open for a while but since I always have a billion tabs open at the same time I just didnt get to press the follow button yet. Will be done in a sec ;-) And thanks for the comment on the DSQ layout. I will probably stick to what I chose. But 1" squares? You gotta be kiddin ;-) 5" sounds just fine (only those center squares will 2.5")
    BTW I love your carrot quilt and the dragonfly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful scarf. The colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie. I can't reply to your comment because it says no-reply blogger so I thought I would try here. Thanks for coming by. Yes the quilt is 72" square . Hopefully in the new year you get some time to sew. By the way, I love your bandana quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it... I'm still trying to get in the habit of blogging regularly, so please be patient if it takes a me little time to visit you back :)but I will get there lol