Saturday 28 January 2012

Yay I finished my Flying Geese in a Ring Swag!

I have to say that for a while I thought it would be a problem... what with various health issues in the family including my neck which so rudely gave me a headache whenever I spent time on the machine (or the computer) lol I had to go about a month with almost no sewing! Ah hand sewing I hear you say, yes well I am a pedantic pain and I did several more applique blocks on my 'bunnies on the go' design using Darcy Ashtons patterns, however that made my neck heaps worse lol and the physio a little stroppy :) she couldn't understand why I couldn't just walk away from sewing altogether for a few weeks or so.


close up of the canoe... the little carrots are raw edge and sewn on, the orange bit is less than a cm in length - it was fiddly to sew!


This is what they look like together, I have a three more to add...
 Here are the Geese on a ring! I used some of my most treasured local hand dye fabrics, as the colours are truly scrumptious... Unfortunately I checked her website to order more and she has retired :(( oh dear, so if any one knows a site of a home dyer that uses procion based dyes and a really tight weave cotton please let me know!







4 comments:

  1. The colours in the flying geese are incredible. Great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flying geese in a ring blocks. Those fabrics look amazing. What a shame she's retired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made an extra one for me right? To put on my "quall of fame"! They look great, I'm sure they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindo seu blog...
    abraço
    Venha me visitar
    Leila

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it... I'm still trying to get in the habit of blogging regularly, so please be patient if it takes a me little time to visit you back :)but I will get there lol